Sunday, November 9, 2008

An Overdue Update, (Architecture and BARF)...

Oh my it's been almost two months since my last update on this site! Good gawsh almighty!
Okay, I've done no real AK47 Republic Gaming in quite a while, (almost a year now, oh my!), and instead have been working on painting figs, building scenery, and learning to resin cast. It's hard to learn how to resin cast when you have THREE seperate Arts/Crafts/Hobby Stores and NONE of them carry Alumilite! (Well one did but dropped the brand)...
The last entry that I posted showed the "Bongolesian Arch".
After looking at it, I thought, "This is nice, but it doesn't have the "bling", that makes it look like a national monument.

So I went back to work...
Actually I went to Michaels Arts and Crafts...
I picked up a small pack of small assorted Rhinestone "jewels", and a soft rubbery plastic eagle, (in the science toys section).
A good scrubbing of the eagle, and two coats of primer. (Krylon grey, gotta love Wal-Mart), and then I mounted it on it's base and onto the monument.
I used three different types of "gold" to get the effect that I wanted, finally highlighting it with the "Pure Gold" from P3 (Privateer Press).
I took the rhinestones, and made small indentions into the monument and glued them in, attached the eagle, and added some wording and voila!
So now I present to you (complete), the Bongolesian National Victory Arch of Independence!

(The Bongolesian Victory Arch of National Independence and Unity...along with "almost real" gemstones...)

A close up view of the arch...

An "artistic" oblique view of the arch, showing a PP News Media stand for size comparison...

Hmmm...I've noticed lately that my digital camera seems to be giving me less and less satisfactory pics. Even with light assistance and changed settings I think that it just can't handle the job for what I want it to do...

Of course, it wouldn't be Bongolesia without Anti-Govt opportunists at every corner...

So to help spur on the Revolutionary fervor, (or is that fever?), I present to you, the BARF color bearer!

He's a Peter Pig WWII German Aircraft Mechanic with a metal rod for a staff, and proudly carrying the revolutionary colors of BARF forward to victory!!!

I've also got some more civilians painted up, and the first of my Lions of Allah, and the ship is ALMOST done..(It's taken a back seat to other projects now...grrr..)

More photos and another update soon, I hope!

Comments are appreciated!

1 comment:

J Womack, Esq. said...

Good stuff.

I must not begin a new genre/scale.

I must not begin a new genre/scale.